Build a relationship ‘roadmap’ with people you support to show them healthy ways to find romantic and/or sexual partner(s). So often we tell people the dangers, hazards, and pitfalls of dating. This training is designed to help you teach someone to determine their destination, plot their course, choose the safest routes, and understand the road signs along the way – so we can support and celebrate their search for someone special! The tools evolve with the person and are designed to create a safety net in case something does not go well along their journey.
- Explain who can be potential romantic or sexual partners, how to meet friends, and ways a friendship may change into a romantic or sexual partnership
- Outline desired, questionable, risky, and dangerous behaviors
- Articulate the consequences of unsafe or unhealthy behaviors
- Create a safety net of Trusted Advocates
- Utilize media messages as a teaching tool
- Support healthy, consenting romantic or sexual relationships
Tickets available through The Arc of Oregon