Incidents of sexual violence are up to 7-10 times more prevalent in vulnerable populations – which is why knowing how to respond in a trauma-informed manner is so critical. This training is designed to give participants an understanding of how sexual trauma impacts a person’s emotional, interpersonal, neurological, AND sexual development. This training provides an overview of how to use trauma informed strategies to support survivors of sexual violence.
- Understand trauma and its impacts on the brain, behavior, and relationships
- Realize the unique challenges of sexual trauma and its impact on sexual development
- Learn how to respond when someone discloses sexual harm
- Use a trauma informed framework and trauma informed strategies for supports
- Understand the role and types of therapy for trauma recovery
PRIVATE EVENT FOR MEMBERS OF REGION 3 OF THE WASHINGTON STATE DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
Contact Dana Lattin, Region 3 coordinator, for more information